- FORS Montenegro – Foundation for the Development of Northern Montenegro
- ECMI Kosovo – European Center for Minority Issues
Total project budget in EUR: 353.046,50
Total grant awarded in EUR: 299.990,00
Project duration: 24 months
Expected results of the project
- Improved capacity of public health institutions and the quality of reproductive health services in the cross-border region;
- Population in the target area with the emphasis on socially vulnerable groups provided with the information on the importance of protecting reproductive health and conducting preventive examinations;
- Programme for pregnancy support designed and implemented;
- Youth from the programme area familiarized with responsible behavior as regards their reproductive health;
- Improved cross-border cooperation in the reproductive health sector.
- Women living in the target area;
- Unemployed women;
- Minority women,
- Women from rural areas,
- Women CSOs;
- Youth (at least 600);
- Doctors and nurses from public health institutions in the target region (at least 50);
- Public health institutions in the target region;
- Around 10% of population in the target area reached by public awareness campaign (app. 58.500 people).
Municipalities of Andrijevica, Bar, Berane, Bijelo Polje, Gusinje, Petnjica, Plav, Podgorica, Kolašin, Mojkovac, Rožaje and Ulcinj (Montenegro) and municipalities of Pejë/Peć, Istog/Istok, Klinë/Klina, Deçan/Dečani and Gjakovë/Đakovica (Kosovo).
Impact of the project
The project will contribute the overall health and well-being of the local population in the cross-border region through the improvement of reproductive health. The impact will be achieved through improvement of the quality of health services, raising the awareness on the importance of regular preventive examinations among women, youth and vulnerable groups, programme for pregnancy support, creating a habit of prevention as well as through the improvement of cross-border cooperation in this area.